Since 1953, Camp Crestview has welcomed thousands of guests to enjoy its distinctive warmth and beauty. Edward Ehrman, a Portland wholesale grocer, constructed this mansion, earlier known as "Ehrmanor," as a summer home for his family. Architect A.E. Doyle, who also designed structures such as the Multnomah County Library, the first Menucha mansion, and the Multnomah Falls Lodge, designed this beautiful structure in the English Cottage style. The Manor was constructed over a two-year period using imported stone from Italy and the finest cherry wood for its interior.
Located high atop the cliffs overlooking a spectacular view of the Columbia River Gorge, this original 11,000 square foot summer retreat included amenities such as an open truss ceiling, three large fireplaces, banks of French doors, tennis court, swimming pool and a reflecting pond.
In 1933, the Ehrman family sold the estate to second owner, Jim Roby who stayed at the manor during the summers. The third owner, Edwin Hollinshead, acquired the property and changed the name to "Crestview Manor" as a place for large business parties and formal balls. Patriotically supporting the home front during World War II , the carriage house and barn were remodeled into apartments to provide free housing for local school teachers.
Then in 1952, the Northwest District of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel (now the North Pacific District) purchased the property, developing a whole new purpose for the former show piece. 1953 marked the first summer of youth and children's camps held at Crestview, a tradition that continues to this day.
Today Camp Crestview is owned and operated by the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel . Crestview serves several thousand guests annually by hosting camps, retreats, conferences, banquets, weddings and special events.